The Department of Network Infrastructure of the Jagiellonian University is a body which manages university-wide IT systems and backbone network infrastructure.
Instructions for installing the latest version of software enabling access to encrypted network (Extranet) in MS Windows operating systems
contain the installation process of Pulse Secure application for MS Windows operating systems. Linux and Macre available after logging in athttps://ujchmura.sharepoint.com/teams/DIS-Portal/Shared%20Documents
Usersof mobile devices can download the application directly from::
- Android – Play Store
- iOS – App Store
9 ways to deal with problems with using Extranet
In case of problems with logging in to the Extranet:
- Make sure that the account has administrator privileges (required to install software and change system files)
(WinXP : Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools ->Computer Management -> Users and Groups
Win 7: Start -> Control Panel -> Show all items -> Administrative Tools ->Computer Management -> Users and Groups). You should also make sure that your account name does not contain Polish diacritical marks (ąćęłńóśżź).
- ownload the latest version of Java (http://www.java.com/pl/downloa
- Check if the address is correct:
- Try another computer.
- Try another web browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox)
- Uninstall Juniper Networks software and manually reinstall it - follow the instructions – Installation instructions for software enabling access to encrypted network. If you do not have this software, please submit a ticket via the “Report a problem” form or send an e-mail to pomocIT@uj.edu.pl
- Start the program located in:
Start -> All Programs -> Pulse Secure -> Pulse Secure 5.x.x
After launching the software, you need to add a connection profile. To do this, click the "+" icon and enter the following in the server URL field:
https://extranet.uj.edu.pl/sap (if you want to log into SAP)
https://extranet.uj.edu.pl/usos (if you want to log into USOS)
and press the "Add" button.
- Check in the Windows Service that the DHCP client is running. (WinXP: Control Panel -> Administration Tools -> Services
Win7: Control Panel -> Show all items -> Administration Tools -> Services).
- Disable Firewalls and anti-virus software and try to reconnect again.
What are the requirements for an account to be able to use the Extranet?
The account used to log-in to the Extranet must meet one of the following conditions:
- be an account of a full-time employee of the Jagiellonian University employed on the basis of an employment contract (documented in SAP)
- be an account of an active student (with an assigned student number)
- be an account of an employee of the Jagiellonian University employed on the basis of a civil-law contract (documented in SAP)
There are other special cases in which an account may be eligible to log into the Extranet. Each time it is connected with the granting certain permissions, resulting from a given role or position. If you need to access specific resources in the Extranet and you are not a member of one of the above groups, please submit a ticket via the “Report a Problem” form or send a message to pomocIT@uj.edu.pl with the following details: Name and surname, Jagiellonian University unit and e-mail address in the uj.edu.pl domain.
I cannot log in to my Extranet user profile
Lack of verification of a given user (e-mail account) of a given profile may mean lack of necessary permissions or permission problem with the user account itself. To solve this issue, please submit a ticket via the "Report a Problem" form or send a message to pomocIT@uj.edu.pl Please include:
- Full name
- Login (e-mail address)
- Unit name
If you did not find an answer to your question…
If you did not find the answer to your question above, please go to http://www.dis.uj.edu.pl/uslugi-it/extranet where you can find more information about the encrypted network
Describe and report your problem to IT Help Desk staff using the form available on the website or by sending a message to email@example.com.