Ladies and Gentlemen,
We are pleased to welcome you to the oldest university in Poland, and one of the oldest universities in the world. The Jagiellonian University has some of the best-integrated IT systems in the world, thanks to which you can use a single login and password to handle most of your student affairs, get access to electronic version of educational materials, access your university e-mail account and take advantage of advanced cloud services.
We encourage you to read the following materials, and if you have any questions, we are at your disposal.
We wish you a successful time at the university!
IT Support Staff
Jagiellonian University IT Services Department
STEP I - Introduction
After receiving a confirmation of admission from the Recruitment Department, you should log in to the USOSweb website in order to:
- verify your password
- activate your e-mail account
- fill in your personal data, which is required to ensure that the course of your studies can be managed seamlessly
STEP II - First login to USOSweb
Log in to the USOSweb service, which you can find at:
Your login will look like:
If you do not have a PESEL number, enter your student ID number instead.
Enter the password that you set while activating your account in the Electronic Candidate Registration System.
If the password set in the Electronic Candidate Registration System has been changed, the change might have occurred after your old login data was transferred to the USOSweb service – in this case, your new password might not work at USOSweb.
If you forgot your password or you have problems with logging in, you can obtain a temporary password from the Dean’s Office or the IT Services Department (Straszewskiego 25/4A).
STEP III - Activation of university e-mail account
The activation of your university e-mail account allows you to:
- log in to the USOSweb service using your university e-mail address as your login (or log in using your existing USOSweb login)
- access the UJ_WiFi university network and the Eduroam European network
- access the Jagiellonian Library's electronic resources
- access the PEGAZ e-learning platform
- access the LEX database of legal acts
- take advantage of Microsoft’s cloud services, including OneDrive and Office 365 Profesional suite, which can be installed on your computer/tablet/smartphone
- use an e-mail account in the uj.edu.pl domain, to which you can log in via https://outlook.office.com/and USOSweb
- simple way to confirm your student status, which can make many official matters easier.
After logging in to the USOSweb service, go to FOR STUDENTS → E-MAIL ACCOUNT ACTIVATION (DLA STUDENTÓW → AKTYWACJA POCZTY).
PLEASE NOTE: The process of activating your email account takes approximately 24 hours.
Logging in to additional Office Online services can be done via https://login.microsoftonline.com/. The provided addresses will redirect you to the Microsoft login gateway – please log in using your official university login, usually in the form of firstname.lastname@example.org
Along with access to university mail, you will also get access to the Office365 software suite, which is available after logging in to your university e-mail account. You can also install it on your computer/tablet/smartphone.
STEP IV - Updating your profile
Your USOS PROFILE lists your e-mail address, which will be used by your professors, as well as the Dean’s Office staff, which is why you should make sure that the details provided there are accurate. In order to do so, please:
- log in to usosweb.uj.edu.pl using a username in the @uj.edu.pl domain and your current password.
- select MY USOSWEB (MÓJ USOSWEB) tab; select the PROFILE (WIZYTÓWKA) button on the left side of the screen.
- enter your current e-mail address in the university domain in the “Change e-mail address” field and confirm the change by clicking UPDATE DATA (UAKTUALNIJ DANE).
- After entering new details, the page should say: “Data saved.”
STEP V - Adding a phone number for self-service password recovery
Ladies and Gentlemen,
you may now use the
Thanks to this service, you can log in to:
- check your details;
- add your mobile phone number for SMS, which will make it easier for you to reset your password – you can find the appropriate button in the bottom left-hand corner of the page – “Rescue Phone Number”);
- change your password or set the same password;
- check the list of your addresses/aliases;
- check your email account size.
Feel free to learn more about the service – you can find it at: